Avalon Rhine Cruise 2023
This dramatic river cruise on the Rhine will be bookended by two days in beautiful Lucerne, Switzerland and Amsterdam, Netherlands. Enjoy the comfort of the Avalon Expression as you marvel at the scenery passing by.
- Transportation to and from Toronto Airport
- Airport lounge access
- 2 days in Lucerne pre-cruise
- 8 days cruising aboard the Avalon Expression from Basel to Amsterdam
- 2 days in Amsterdam post-cruise including hop on hop off bus
- Hosted by a Stonetown Travel team member
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2023
Board the shuttle to Toronto Pearson Airport where we will check in for our flight to Zurich. Relax in the Plaza Premium lounge prior to our overnight flight.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2023
Welcome to Switzerland. After collecting our luggage in Zurich, we will transport to the nearby city of Lucerne.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2023
Our Avalon guide will take us on a guided walking tour of Lucerne, including the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2023
Prior to embarkation on our river cruise, we will take in an excursion to Mount Pilatus (in the case of bad weather, visit the Swiss Transport Museum instead). We will then be transported to the pier around noon to board the Avalon Expression. Spend the afternoon exploring the ship before we set sail at 6 pm. There will be an onboard welcome reception.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2023
Breisach (Germany): There is a choice of an excursion to Black Forest, a visit to a local winery in Breisach, or a bicycle ride with your Adventure Host.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2023
Strasbourg (France): Choice of guided sightseeing, visit La Petite France district and the Gothic cathedral or bike with your Adventure Host.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2023
Mainz (Germany): Choice of guided tour of Heidelberg Castle, see the Great Vat, or hike up Philosophers’ Way, or visit the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2023
Rüdesheim-Rhine Gorge-Koblenz (Germany): Visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rüdesheim; cruise through the scenic Rhine Gorge with breathtaking views of ancient castles, towering cliffs, and the legendary Rock of the Lorelei; free time in Koblenz.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2023
Cologne (Germany): Choice of “Cologne Highlights” walking tour, or Jewish Heritage walking tour or bike with your Adventure Host.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2023
Amsterdam (Netherlands): Choice of canal cruise or walk with your Adventure Host.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2023
After morning’s disembarkation, we will be transferred to our hotel in Amsterdam for a two-night’s stay where we can explore the city at our leisure using the Hop On, Hop Off bus.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2023
Jump on the Hop On, Hop Off bus and see Amsterdam at leisure.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2023
Our shuttle will be waiting to take us to the airport for our flight back to Canada. After collecting our luggage at Toronto Pearson Airport, the shuttle will return us to our home area. (B)
From $7199 per person double occupancy in a Category A cabin (if booked prior to April 1, 2023)
From $7149 per person double occupancy in a Category B cabin
From $7299 per person double occupancy in a Category P cabin
Above prices must be booked prior to April 1, 2023 to ensure the $1600 per person included savings
Non-refundable deposit of $250 per person. Final Payment due July 10, 2023.
- Transportation to and from Toronto Pearson Airport
- Airport Lounge Access
- Shuttle from Zurich to Lucerne
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Lucerne, Switzerland
- 8-day Voyage on Avalon Expression with all meals in complimentary restaurants and alcoholic beverages during lunch, happy hour, and dinner
- Gratuities on board the ship
- Shuttle from pier to hotel in Amsterdam
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Hop On Hop Off bus pass with canal cruise
- Shuttle to Amsterdam airport
- Airfare (prices available in December of 2022)
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance and out of country medical insurance
- Meals not noted on itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages at times not mentioned above
- Anything not specifically mentioned as included
Minimum 10 passengers required to guarantee the group.